View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #9
DarkStar

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
I replaced the original speakers which were partially rotted away with infinity reference, and it made a difference but not a WOW! difference. I replaced the head unit with an 80 watt per channel unit, and that made a WOW! difference. Putting door speakers in actually did less than I anticipated. I'd suggest the best dash speakers you can find and replacing the original amplifiers as a start.
I don't really care about the dash speakers. I have some aftermarket but I'm about to disconnect them. They are too small to handle the power I'm feeding them. Also your 80w is only max power. Not nominal. And the amp built into every deck besides the new Sony with the legit built in class d amp isn't worth much. The rear speakers idk about. They point at back of the seat. for a while I was running a 4 channel set to 3 channels. Front channels split between the dash and doors. Awesome audio. Now I'm building a dual amp setup with a 4 channel bridged to 2 around 160wrms. And then 2 ch x 600wrms for the 2 13in JL audio subs. Gonna be fun.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk