View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
rjusher

Porsche Audiophiles Please Help!

Porsche Audiophiles Please Help!

I just acquired a 2001 Boxster S and the dealer who sold the car replaced the factory head unit, which was a CD220R, with an Alpine CDE-143BT with 18W x 4. The dealer had a chain radio store install it and what they did was bypass the factory 40W x 6 amp and used the power of the new head unit to drive the speakers. They cut the wires going to the factory amp and wired the speaker outputs from the new Alpine to the wires cut from the factory amp for the speakers. All but 2 wires to the factory amp have been cut; the 2 wires still connected are brown and red/blue. The car has speakers in the dash and in the doors as well as the factory rear speaker kit. When the Alpine was wired up the rear speakers were not connected, in the pics below I believe the loose plug is for the rear speakers. The car also was set up with a DSP unit, now powerless it appears, an in dash CD changer as well as a changer in the front trunk, all factory, that also appear to now be powerless too. The Alpine works fine, however, no rear speakers. I am looking for advice on how to get the rear speakers connected and whether or not I should try to wire in the factory amp and disable the amp output from the new Alpine head unit. Any input on how to re-connect DSP if I go that route would be greatly appreciated. I have read several posts on the boards and understand Harvey Peck at PnP is a great resource, however, I have had no success locating him. Thank you in advance for all the valuable feedback. Love the car! Bob

Last edited by rjusher; 09-11-2015 at 09:37 AM.
rjusher is offline   Reply With Quote