View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
RandallNeighbour

This was my first repair on my Boxster. Started doing it less than a week after I took possession of it.

I didn't know any better, so I took it to the dealership... The hornpad plate was something like $120 (my dealer DOUBLES the retail price on most parts under $500) and there was an hour of labor minimum to swap it out, even though it was only a fifteen minute procedure!

Now I know a lot more about our cars. Simply taking a torx screwdriver to the back of your wheel and removing the airbag will reveal the rubber grommets that should be replaced... with something like a piece of garden hose.

Or, you could order the part from Sunset for a fraction of what your local stealership would charge you for the part or the replacement service. $45 or there abouts.

This job is just a couple of screws and 15 minutes, plus disconnecting your battery for a few minutes before you do the work due to the fact that you are fiddling with your airbag.

If you've ever wanted to upgrade to a nicer 3-spoke, now's the time to consider it.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 05-17-2006 at 12:06 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote