View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
I am not so sure i would doubt the M96 motors longevity . lately i have been seeing many high mileage cars up for sale. 130 , 140k cars seem common . I also doubt that these cars see the care that most forum members give their cars .

I too like to search for salvage motor deals . A 3.6 would be a sweet replacement for my 03S but at an average price of 10 grand , plus labor to rework and install the motor . It does not seem to make any financial sense with the glut of newer cars on the market .
Yes there are a glut of used cars. And too many from what I can see come with a ton of deferred maintenance that can easily exceed the purchase price of the car if you intend to own it for more than two years and don't have the time, tools or space to DIY. I'm not sure if its by design but once one major thing starts to go on these cars it seems like all the other parts were engineered to follow soon thereafter... like its one big ecosystem. Point being, for those who have addressed the big repair jobs and know the car's history it might make more sense to go after another engine than to buy the whole low mileage car. Unless your talking a big power and build quality upgrade like on the 981 Spyder, I don't if it makes sense to let go of car you've put quiet a bit of money into.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote