View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizmi View Post
I drove a 2007 S in a five speed and it was fantastic it seems though that in the area I live in none of the dealers want to negotiate. I scratch my head at that.

It does come Maryland state inspected which is pretty rigorous. Does the dealership itself offer a pre-purchased inspection?
Having the selling dealership do the PPI is leaving the wolf in charge of the chicken coup. The idea is to get an independant opinion.

As thstone said, dealers should be blowing out their convertibles now, esp in the upper half of the US. They don't want to carry them too much longer or they'll be sending them to the auction. You should be able to get substantial $$$ off. Tell them you are serious about buying a Boxster (not necessarily theirs) and if they won't deal you'll go elsewhere. If the PPI turns up any maintenance that needs to be done, use that in your bargaining too (have them lower the price or throw in the maintenance).

You rarely have advantages over a dealer when buying a car, but you have Mother Nature in your corner when buying a convertible at this time of the year. They know snow is just around the corner. If they don't deal, walk away. Mention another one in the area that you're going to go look at (doesn't matter if you're interested or not), mention another one so they can verify it exists (I saw a black 08 on Cars.com, etc). That proves you're in the mkt for a car. They'll be calling you back in a day or two.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote