View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #14
Perfectlap

For racing the S2000 is awesome. But most people who own this car will never venture to the track or autocross to see it in its "natural habitat."
THe s2000 is probably the most represented car up here in the north east at local autocross clubs. Several members own an S2000 strictly for track/autocross use.

In many ways its the benchmark for top down sportscars; value, reliability, excellent steering and shifting and decent braking.
It's a rare example of front engine car where the engine actually sits behind the front shock mounts giving it a very nice feeling in the turns.
But at the end of the day its a Honda and loses some of its appeal.

For daily driving I would definitely choose the S2000 over my Boxster S.
You can cruise in the S2000 and save some money on gas and the fact that its
a Honda doesn't scare you when you start racking up miles. Its a blue collar sports car and not a garage queen like my Boxster. I intended to make the S2000 my in between the Boxster and Miata car but I like the little 1.8 Miata so much that I held onto to it three years longer than I intially intended.
I'm sure if I bought the S2000 I probably might never have traded for the BoxsterS. Some people hate the motorcycle engine in a roadster concept but some looove it. different strokes.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-17-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote