Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 05:12 AM   #24
drburton

"Unless the other car your wife drives is really something special, you appear to me to be on the jerk side of things. No, I don't know you, and you may well be the best person in town, but your wife deserves much more than I see from your post. This is your WIFE you are talking about, she deserves the whole enchilada and some in reserve.

Get rid of the car she is currently driving and put her in the Boxster full time. The funds from the sale will cover the "addidional costs" until you get used to treating her better (again my perspecitve from your post)." Crzn427

My wife's other car is a Ford Explorer and we really don't have the option to get rid of that and have her drive the Boxster full time. We have two children (2 and 10mnths) and a dog. So whenever she is home with the kids she needs the extra room for the family. Also, I live in Minnesota so I feel like the Explorer is a much safer car for her to drive in the winter.

Also, I think it is a bit of a stretch to imply I am a 'jerk' or that I don't treat my wife well based on my post. My intention was to simply limit the number of commuter miles on a car we purchased as a fun summer car. My wife is treated like a queen and is my number one priority - along with the kids.

Porschetgeorg - Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can enjoy a car without driving it. It looks like my wife will end up driving it to work in the Summer, but the car will be stored in the winter (which is 8 months here). That way, I'll keep the miles low and the car in good condition while also keeping the wife happy. Seems like a reasonable compromise.

05 Touareg V8
Black