Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:34 AM   #23
porschegeorg

I have a Boxster as a 3rd car. My previous "3rd" car was an RX8. I NEVER drove it in the rain. It was stored (with the wheels off on 4 jacks under a car cover) in my garage from November to April (I live in Ohio). The car was waxed weekly with either Collinite #845 or Collinite #915. Oil was changed every 1000 miles YES 1000 MILES!!!! (no, not synthetic...castrol dino).

Needless to say (other than the 1000 mile oil changes), my Boxster will be treated like my RX8 and RARELY get driven (its a 2003 with only 2900 miles on it). Why don't I drive it??? Well its because I LOVE taking care of it and keeping it as prestine as possible...that is MY way of enjoying the car. Then to take it out on a perfect day every once in a while...well that's a bonus for owning the car. Yes, I know there are people in here who think that not driving the car is bad for it....well...we'll see. I have a hunch that my Boxster will be in much better shape in 10 years than one that is used as a daily driver. And if I do have problems...well, I have the warranty until 2009...so that's the dealer's problem, not mine.

So my suggestion is to do what you enjoy....if that is letting the car sit in your
garage....man...I'm with ya!!!!

p.s. my wife can care less about my Boxster...so I guess my situation is quite
different from yours.

Last edited by porschegeorg; 05-17-2006 at 04:43 AM.