View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

IMS Pre-Emptive strike Accomplished!

Howdy, Gang!

Just a note for the folks keeping score.

I am new to the Porsche world. After driving my 1993 Miata for 22 years and 347,680 miles, I sold her and bought a 2004 Boxster S "50 Years of 550 Spyder" edition with 25,000 miles on the odometer.

She was a one owner, owned by a little old lady in Denver and she slept in a garage and was only driven about 5,000 miles a year the first three years and then each year after the annual mileage kept dropping until she only put 68 miles on her the last year of ownership before she traded her in for an SUV for her daughter.

I thought a long time about what kind of car I wanted. I rented a new Z4 with the retractable hard top and drove her around northern California through the Sierra and CA36 and PCH and all those good roads. Nice car. But.....meh.

I drove several Vettes. Fast. Sticky. Boring.

I drove the new Mustang. Spectacular car. Absolutely spectacular car. But, for me, just too big.

I wanted a SPORTS car. I wanted a roadster.

Lotus Elise. Too much like the Miata and not enough luggage space for a two week vacation for us.

Alfa 4C. Ditto.

S2000. Ditto.

I kept coming back to Boxster.

So I bought this thing.

And I bought her going in with all the knowledge about all of the catastrophic failures.

So, I factored all of that into the purchase price and sent the car to Flat6 Innovations and had Raby give her the #3 IMS package.

Done.

I just wanted to share with the collective how absolutely astounding the customer service was with Raby and Jud and the folks at Flat6 Innovations.

If you are thinking of sending your car to them. Just do it.

Highly recommended.

That is all.

I look forward to seeing you folks out on that lost highway some day.

Enjoy the drive!
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote