View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
RandallNeighbour

My original 1997 top had a replacement window sewn into it when I bought the car back in 2004. Never really looked good and the top had a hole in it right in the middle.

When I had the chance to do some parts swapping with Woody for a new glass retrofit top like the one you're looking at but on a top frame, I jumped at the chance. No more boxster top chop for Randall!!!!!

It's significantly quieter as well, and cooler. My head doesn't feel like it's in an oven being so close to the black fabric on a hot Houston summer day. Of course, mine has a headliner in it as well and that's gotta help a lot all the way around.

I highly recommend doing this swap... not sure if you're up for doing the work yourself or not, but it's evidently time consuming but not hard if you go slow and pay attention to detail.

The only downside is that the engine access is really diminished by the top not coming up into the full service position like the plastic window version. But how often do you get into the engine compartment? Once a year to change out the oil filter and check the power steering fluid level?

Go for it. It's hands down one of the best mods I've made on my car, and it made the car look a lot newer too!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote