View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #19
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
Here's a project I'm going to do sometime in the future when I build my ultimate 986 Boxster:

This is a Boxster named "Foxy" that belonged to a forum member here about 7 years ago. It's a fairly straightforwad conversion.

Official 986 to 996 Front-end Conversion Thread

It was a rather pricey project with all new parts, but with having Oklahoma Foreign just an hour away, salvage parts are affordable enough I can do the conversion.

I'm looking for a 2000-2002 Boxster S for the conversion. I've gathered a Generation II 996 GT3 front bumper cover, headlights and fenders. I need the fender liners and a few other items from a Generation II 996 to make the conversion. I also have a spare hardtop, sideskirts and a Aerokit I rear decklid and spoiler to top off the build. I want a built 3.4L engine. In my mind, it will be the ultimate 986 Boxster. Nothing a little time, money and patience can't build!
Why not go all the way?

I plan to do the 997 front end (minus the smiley face bumper vent) before my Signal Green paint job.
Honestly, I'm pretty happy with my front end and the overall look now, but a boy can dream...
$3k for the conversion, $2-4k for a decent paint job

Last edited by particlewave; 09-03-2015 at 07:16 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote