View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
JRide

I've had the 2010 TDI and a 2012 GTI. Those were my last two cars before I was given my company truck. I loved both cars but the GTI is the one I really miss. I've had a lot of cars over the years and the GTI is at the top. The P car is pretty new to me so I can't let it have the top spot just yet! I actually miss the GTI everyday. My wife is even thinking of making it her next car as she loved the GTI just as much as I did.

I only had one issue with the GTI in 61,000 miles (60k with a stage I Revo ECU tune). The high pressure fuel pump died at 40,000 miles. At first I thought the ECU tune had something to do with the failure but reading on the forums some stock cars had their HPFP fail as well. Aside from the HPFP failure I used it as my personal/work car averaging about 3,000 miles a month with zero issues. The clutch was starting to slip in third gear or higher under boost but that is understandable with the tune. I was impressed the clutch lasted that long. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me here or in a PM.
JRide is offline   Reply With Quote