View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
My_Name_is_Dan

Need Valued Opinion on Possible Car Purchase

Found this car 3.5hrs away from me. Its a 2001 base, dark blue with grey leather interior, 17 inch wheels. I tried to get the option codes read from the frunk, but for some reason, most of it is missing - according to the owner, it looks scraped off. Some of it is there, but not enough to get the whole story. I've asked for a photo of the remaining option codes label. Is there another way to determine how the car is optioned?

This is a two owner vehicle. Original Cali car. 2nd owner bought 4 years ago with 118K on the clock and took to Mississippi. 153K miles are currently on car. Replaced clutch and IMS 27K miles ago. Owner has all receipts for work. Also, AOS recently replaced.

Owner wants $8K but will take $7.5K. Tires are good. No suspension work done. Owner says there are no suspension noises. Top was replaced a couple of years ago. Not an OEM top, but aftermarket and is insulated.

Car doesn't have heated seats, which is what I would have preferred and there is a small rip in the driver's side seat back bolster. Awaiting pictures of the rip. Owner mentions it is about an inch long.

Regular oil changes and all documented receipts including receipts from the original owner. A plus for me - is a non smoking car. Sounds to me like it may be a decent deal with a documented history and the IMS/clutch replaced recently.

Owner has two keys. Apparently one of the door locks failed and he had to get a new lock and two new keys. Something about ordering from Porsche and new blades cut and put in the original fobs, but the fobs haven't been programmed.

What do you guys think? I'm seriously contemplating making the drive next week to go look at the car but I wanted to ask the 986 forums members 1st for your inputs.

Pictures:

Last edited by My_Name_is_Dan; 09-01-2015 at 04:54 PM.
My_Name_is_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote