View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 05:11 PM   #14
leftfield6
Yeah, I've done that.

Garage
Currently I have the tremendous advantage pf being able to ride a commuter bus to work daily. And my company pays for it as a perk. The cost would be $180 month. I drive from my house 1.1 miles to the park-and-ride, and the bus stop in Midtown Atlanta is 2 blocks from my office.

BUT, I'm being recruited heavily by another company. Let's just say there are a number of reasons I would accept their offer. But what would suck would be the commute. No transit from where I live to where this company HQ is.

So, if I accept the job offer, I am almost assuredly getting a used Leaf. The prices are amazingly low for a very mileage used Leaf. Right now there is a 2013 Leaf SL with 14K miles at a dealer nearby for $12,900.

According to Google Maps, it is 22.6 miles one way to my potential new office. 46 miles round trip should be easily within the range of the Leaf. One of my neighbors has one a Leaf, and charges it up every night. He says his power bill went up about $25-30 a month.

Not as replacement for all of my vehicles, but I think it would be a perfect commuter vehicle. Plus I find the technology pretty cool. I'd be the guy trying to game it and push the mileage for all it's worth!

Atlanta does have a pretty good infrastructure already in place, and more being added everyday. As of Feb of this year, Atlanta was the number one metro area in the nation for Nissan Leaf sales.