View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
jdlmodelt

Garage
starter replacement

my starter bendix has been squacking more lately so I spent two hours replacing it with a new one this morning. Not too bad of a job. More work than most cars. I had to disconnect the inlet air, the AOS hose, a stand up bracket for the air inlet hose, loosened the clamps on the inlet manifold and the electrical connector and rotated the inlet manifold upwards. Removed the two electrical connectors from the starter after disconnecting the battery positive terminal wire. Then the first bolt on the starter came off pretty easy, the lower one was less accessible but after I removed the AOS hose, I had enough access to get to that pesky lower bolt. Reverse order was much easier after lessons learned. New starter, works great.
Then I went to install some LED tail lights I got in the mail today and they only work on the marker lights, the signal lights and the brake lights do NOT like LED's. So, I put all the original incandecent bulbs back in.
My son and I also put up 12 truck loads of Silage this afternoon. We live on a cattle ranch, My Dad and I run about 170 head of Black Angus cattle.
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote