View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
mountainman

Garage
which vehicle for a long trip?

I just revamped our stable and thinned the herd to the 04 boxster S and a macan turbo, hopefully good choices for most situations. Now my problem is that we have a 6 to 7 thousand mile trip coming up next month and I can't decide which vehicle to take. We are headed to Hermann,mo for a couple of days of winery tours, then on to Yellowstone for a week before heading to south Dakota for a week at Porsche escape and then on down to hill country in texas for a week then over to Louisana for the angola prison rodeo and home. A lot of miles in a short time, elevation and north to south location variables. The Macan is pretty much the perfect traveling vehicle with a nice ride, super comfortable 18 way adjustable seats, lots of room and with the handling options, a lot of fun to drive. The boxster on the other hand is not too uncomfortable with the sport seats and we are accustomed to packing light and the biggie is that it is a convertible. We just can't anticipate how much top down weather we will have in those locations in sept and oct.
I guess there are worse problems to have than which Porsche to drive on a trip. On another note, just did a track day at Atlanta motorsports park in the macan turbo and it exceeded all my expectations. And that is a super track very technical and lots of fun.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote