View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:52 AM   #4
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Unlike higher frequencies, low frequency sound passes through most materials fairly readily which is why aside from their size, subs end up in trunks. We've all experienced this at stop lights when we get to enjoy someone else's subs from the inside of their car to the inside of ours. What we miss in that case is all if the mid and high frequencies. Those have to be generated in the cabin. It's not optimal but I don't think that communication between the air in the trunk and the air in the cabin is critical for good performance, meaning the windows will still rattle at low frequencies. Having said all that there's bound to be a loss of performance so its a bit of a gamble. I'll report out after it's running and let the forum know how well it worked. As for luggage, I'm looking for a connector so I can put a handle on the sub and make it removable. Particlewave, any ideas on a connector? I was thinking a standard 3 prong might work, but it will look like something Jed Clampet came up with.