View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
bigislandboxster

More repairs and ....good news?

I took my car in today to have an estimate done on some underbody panels which were cracked and in need of replacement. Seems as tho the 2 front air dams, mid tunnel and 2 rear panels just in front of the engine bay were cracked up. Probably explains some of the problems I had a few weeks back when I was coming home on the highway in the gusty wind and rain(and hitting those nasty bumps on I294 !).

While I was there, I had the dealership do a warranty repair history check, as when I had previous work done on the car, the mechanic noted that the engine looked "extremely clean", meaning, he thought it had been replaced. Well, as it turns out, the engine WAS replaced in late 2002 when it had a little over 38,000 miles on it. It was done at the dealership The Auto Gallery in LA. First thought would be "oh no", but in reality, whatever problem the engine had was more than likely sorted out with the newer one. In actuality the engine only has a little over 18,000 miles on it in those 3 1/2 years since its been replaced. Not so bad after all....Now if I can only get the State of Illinois to do something about these terrible highways

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced

Last edited by bigislandboxster; 05-15-2006 at 12:04 PM.
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote