View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #15
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
Watch the video a few times and you'll see there's something in the road he's trying to avoid as he pulls left into the oncoming lane. He then pulls back hard to the right to avoid the Mercedes coming at him. It's at that point the ass end breaks loose and comes around on him.

After a couple of seasons driving on the track at various DE events, moving up a few run groups and having my own adventures in car control, I've become pretty humble in critiquing how other guys drive and react to stuff that jumps up in front of them.

I'm just glad no one was hurt.
Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be, but I'm just not seeing it...unless you're referring to that item (whatever it is) in the road at the end, after he's slid into the truck. There's not much to it...if THAT'S what he was trying to avoid, I personally don't think I'd have swerved into oncoming traffic to avoid. In any case, I think he'd lost the tail end before that came into the picture.

I wasn't trying to disparage the guy, or his driving ability. Really. I haven't the slightest doubt the guy would absolutely drive circles around me (especially in a 911!). And it's totally understandable the trap he let himself fall into, what with all the hoopla that was going on that day, and with the reporter in the car and all. I could see myself showin' off a bit. But bottom line, he just pushed it a bit too hard when he shouldn't have, not under the circumstances.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote