View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Another audio upgrade thread

What the heck, it's been done before but those threads are buried so why not do it again.

The old Nokia POS dash speakers are already replaced with infinity reference, there's a current thread on that. I did mine a little differently using the old Nokia frames and connectors as the base of that installation, to each his own.

The new head unit is last years Lanzar SNV695B. 80 watts per channel, 4 channels, on sale for $189, I quite like it. A boss 2000W amp goes in the frunk to drive an Infinity 860W reference subwoofer in a band pass enclosure. The 200 watt amp will only drive 1000 watts due to the 860's impedance. Infinity 62.11i 6 1/2 inch speakers go into the doors and will be driven at 80W each. This should be plenty of volume and thump for a little Box.

Here are some pics:

Modified stock bracket to support the new double DIN, Pink Styrofoam house insulation wrapped in lack electrical tape on the base of the bracket supports the back of the unit

A screw hole is added to anchor the unit to the modified bracket (circle) and a similar front support (Arrow) covered in Mier's insulation tape from Home Depot - Looks great.

The final installation - note the new position of the AC controls

I fired up the sub using my home stereo and almost took out the glass in my book case.

More pics as more is installed

Last edited by Jamesp; 08-27-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote