Thread: Ragtop quote
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
In the Chicago land area I've been quoted anywhere from $2,000 to $2,600 for a GAHH black top with a glass window....... then I called a few places across the sate line in Wisconsin (near Milwaukee) and got prices for the same top and glass of $1,500 installed.

Pays to shop around and go a bit further from major metro areas to get a better price.

After watching a video on You Tube of a guy replacing his top.....there's no way I would attempt it myself...ever! Even the pros who have done it numerous times take 6-8 hours to do the job....AND they will warranty the work and the (GAHH) product.
A guy with another Boxster pulled into a coin-operated car wash I was at a few years back. He had just done his top himself. He said it took a long time but said "it was easy, definitely now that I know how to do it". He even offered to do my top. I think if you've done many Porsche tops as an installer you know when to ask for a bigger fee than the guy coming in with the Miata or MR2, which is not that much different and they get charged $500 instead of $1500. $2,000 and higher seems like "dealership pricing".
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-27-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote