View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #19
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheBound View Post
I love all the butt hurt street racing posts. Everyone has this broken idea of what a street race is. I think most older gentleman in this group have seen one too many fast and furious movies and took it to heart. There are plenty of scenarios where a street race is just as safe on the street as it is on a track if not more safe ...

Under no circumstance is street racing on a PUBLIC road "safe". First of all, 9 times in 10 you don't know the skill set of the driver in the other car. Neither do you know the condition of his machinery as being safe to race at high speed. When you leave so many IMPORTANT variables up to chance you are simply showing a lack of grey matter. I used to work in the criminal courts many ages ago. Two guys came in from jail for street racing. One guy had some German luxury car the other an American sports car. They decided to race and ended up hitting a bystander in another car who was killed. Mr. luxury car got a big time criminal defense lawyer and "only" did a couple of years in jail for manslaughter. The guy in the other car apparently couldn't afford a $50K legal defense (your insurance does not cover this) and was convicted of "Death by Auto" and was sentenced to 10 years in a maximum security prison. He's now a convicted felon with some seriously compromised life options. Not to mention he destroyed the family of the victim. Either of those two jokers could be any guy racing on the street.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-27-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote