View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #17
PorscheBound

I love all the butt hurt street racing posts. Everyone has this broken idea of what a street race is. I think most older gentleman in this group have seen one too many fast and furious movies and took it to heart. There are plenty of scenarios where a street race is just as safe on the street as it is on a track if not more safe because some scenarios allow for greater areas of error unlike the track where you have a far greater chance of going into a jersey wall.

Not saying this was the scenario but what's the harm in putting 2 performance cars to the test if your on an open stretch of road with no one else around? Only people getting hurt would be those involved. Just like at a track.

And for the argument of people saying these are not straight line cars....I understand their performance is greater in the turns but a 13 second quarter mile is very respectable so running the car in a straight line, the car holds its own against cars that were built for the straight line.

Street racing can be very stupid in most scenarios. With that said there are plenty of scenarios that any critical thinking person could look at and say "no one on the road, flat road, wide road, weather conditions good, only harm done is those involved."

Flame suit has been put on. Godspeed.
PorscheBound is offline   Reply With Quote