View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxshot View Post
Thanks for the advice Deserion, I had no idea AC pump & gauges were that cheap even at HF. I ordered two new AC condensers, hopefully that does the trick.
AC condensers won't do the trick alone though I commend you for replacing both. You have to replace the receiver drier and I'd also recommend the expansion valve. The the system has to be drawn down to vacuum before putting in 85 grams of R134a (from memory check this). A digital kitchen scale comes in handy to get 85 grams. After being open this long I'd personally hold the vacuum on the order of hours,even overnight after installing then new parts. Moisture is your enemy and there are bound to be a few drops drawn in with the air in your system. If the system is not drawn to vacuum then the water freezes in the freon loop and the AC does not work. It takes a couple of drops of water to ruin your AC so the trick is to pull a vacuum for an extended period to pull out as much water as possible and then never let any air back into the system. Make sure any hoses connected to the system are purged of air before connecting them to the freon loop.

Last edited by Jamesp; 08-23-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote