View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
About a year ago, I purchased a set of struts and springs from a guy who had removed them from his 2004 Boxster S when he installed a full aftermarket suspension. He had the paperwork that showed they had been pulled from his car with less than 5000 miles. His Boxster S had the M030 option.

So, I'm installing all four struts and springs, and at the same time doing all new control arms, drop links, tie rods etc. Pretty much everything.

So, one of the last things I need to buy are front sway bar bushings, I'm cruising eBay to see if anyone has a deal, and I stumble upon someone selling a M030 front sway bar. I do a buy it now, and then buy some fresh new bushings to go with it.

So, what else am I missing at this point to have, for all intents and purposes, a full M030 suspension? Rear sway, right? Anything else?

While I'm doing all this suspension work, I'm also rebooting and repacking all the CV joints. I had two boots with minor tears, so that will all be good to go. Also adding new slotted rotors and new disc pads, along with braided stainless brake lines.

It's going to feel like a new car by the time I finish, or at least I'm hoping it does!! I'm removing all original parts, and that means they have 128K on them.
Find a rear sway to get the car to rotate more easily and take a nice set in mid corner. Fresh bushings are pretty cheap and important, check your drop links and replace if worn.