Thread: V8 Conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #69
martsink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterLS376 View Post
First off, killer job man, motor sounds great! I know it's not easy and I think you had a bit of a bigger hill to climb then I did~ Go have a beer

For your starter problem I think you're right, those immobilizers are a pain in the ass and we could never get them working at my old shop and usually ended up sending the cars to the stealership for programming even though we had a factory Porsche PST computer.

Regarding the fuel relay I believe there is an easy solution for this, but it's early and I'm gonna have to put my thinking cap on... All of my notes and paperwork are at the shop but just took a quick look at the car to jog the brain. I have the GM fuel pump lead connected directly into the Porsche harness in the back of the car to a Yellow/White wire which I know leads to the relay panel in the drivers footwell... this is where we get fuzzy and you should rely on the wiring diagrams... I pulled down the relay panel and was basically able to wire around the issue there, pretty sure the fuel pump is looking for a ground signal and the GM ECU is providing a power signal so you have to do some trickery and wire around 1 relay I believe. I'll check my notes on Monday and give you more details if you need but it can definitely be done.

Good job man~
J
Thanks John! Fuel pump wise, I just ended up wiring it to a different relay that gets its signal from "ignition on" for now. Im not really sure if that's how it was in the Porsche, or if it got the signal from a crank sensor to ensure the engine is running. I'll try to dive into the diagrams today and figure it out.
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote