Thread: Under the Knife
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
Nmbrsix

Hello on the other side of the lake! The car spent some quality time over there at Chris's German after I bought it.

The car is at Tru Line. They and Omni in Kirkland are the best shops in the region. They were doing suspension work on a 996 racecar when I dropped it off...I'm not too worried about them working on my grocery getter 986.

I'd checked the sway bar end links prior to taking it into the shop; they don't have much (if any) slop in them. It really sounded like a track rod, and initially that's what I told them to look closely at. They swapped it out & drove it--no difference.

At 12+ years/nearly 70k miles, it felt like it was due for new dampers--high speed transitions weren't as crisp as they could be. I would have likely gone through all of this within the next year anyway due to that. I'm not thrilled with spending all of the $ now, but best to get it done and enjoy it to the fullest (before it gets stuffed away for Winter).

I'll replace all of the end links and swaybar bushings over the Winter as part of the other PM work I want to do (brake/PS fluid flush, cleaning the radiators, etc).

Last edited by Nmbrsix; 08-20-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Nmbrsix is offline   Reply With Quote