View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #8
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
I just used the original rubber side disc-like shaped pieces (well, after cleaning them up a bit) - they were in good shape and crammed onto the new 987 mount protrusions just fine. So no foam pieces in on my mount install.

Immediately after I installed the front mount, and for probably a couple days, I marveled at how smooth the clutch worked and all. Before there was a shutter/shaking, especially noticeable when engine was cold. Now (seems after my wife drove it) it's come back some.

I'm wonders if perhaps the alignment of the mount isn't as good as it could be, and if it settled a bit somehow. Any thoughts on how to align the mount to the body? There was substantial adjustment where the four nuts/studs clamp the bracket to the body. I seem to remember set letting it settle he it wanted to, and tightening it up. It was nowhere close to how the bracket set on the original mount.

I did get the mount pressed in the right side up (like it is on the 987 mount assembly).
I also noticed the amount of adjustability while installing my mount, so what I thought was when the car was built maybe they used some method to align the engine to the body?? I know expecting a lot... SO I just tightened the nuts on the original score marks on the brace.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote