Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #20
joecal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
The double beep indicates a fault in the central locking system. If you have access to a Durametric, you could get the fault codes. Even then, the codes don't necessarily tell you exactly what part is acting up. Sometimes you'll find several faults and it takes some clever thinking to put it all together. For example, I had the double beep, multiple codes problem and for the life of me couldn't figure out exactly what was going on. One day, someone opened the passenger door and the red light on the door lock rocker switch went on at the same time even though no one was locking anything. This suggested a fault in the passenger door lock and it turned out this was in fact the case. Good luck.
Thanks for the information and reply. I had a double beep too before this problem, now it's just a single beep when locking the car. I'll have to have it looked at once I get the top on, at least it's driveable. I wonder if it's the microswitches in the doors or the one for the top? I hear it clicking when I move it with my finger but that doesn't mean it's working.
Thanks,
Joe
joecal is offline   Reply With Quote