View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 04:11 PM   #19
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Name_is_Dan View Post
You were lucky. Down here in the heart of Dixie, things are different. Both Alfa and State Farm will only give you up to NADA, nothing more. I just called my agent to confirm. Now, if you have uber expensive wheels that are not standard, they will take that into account and may fudge some more depending on mileage and condition (how in the hell are they going to determine condition if it totaled is beyond me..)

We have progressive coverage in South Carolina. The accident was full fault on the other driver, who also had progress vie. They went as far as considering that the replacement car would need to have memory seats to match the option being fitted on the totaled car. The settlement was upwards of 4k over blue book value for the totaled car. Now to reach the settlement wanted it did take some haggling and compilation of similar cars as well as documentation of recent service and a recipt for a glass top, however I honestly do not think much of this helped and regardless the first settlement before haggling was still over blue book by around 2K.

NADA value could never replace a boxster as they almost always sell for (or are at least listed for) several grand over book value.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote