View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIQTodd
This is pretty much correct on the street, but at the track, if you keep your foot resting with the ball of your foot by the throttle, you'll be off track on the first turn. Most tracks require significant braking (like today I spent at Buttonwillow - a hard track on brakes - see my new post on it, regarding sport cups and camber...) and you need to be ON the brake with full force. With your foot squarely on the brake pedal, you rotate your heel outward (this is the classic 'heel and toe' method, actually) to blip the throttle. This is why pedals are designed with that extra heel extension, but as we've talked about here, it's not enough for many of us.
Well, a heel extension does absolutely no good on a porsche since the pedals are hinged at the bottom, not the top.

With that in mind, I've never had any problems "heel-toeing" on the Boxster The pedals are perfect for me.

Also, on the track i still use the side of my foot more than the ball for heel toeing, it's all a matter of personal preference I believe. You don't really need to "stand" on the brakes these days what with vaccuum-assist and all.