Thread: Bagged Boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #14
nathanmoutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Just curious as to why you chose a boxster. Why not just get a golf or something else that far more people know how to do these sort of mods and in communities where it is far more accepted.

These cars are an acquired taste. They can be more beautiful than anything else on the road but it takes an speciation. It's like the quiet girl in Chem who sort of catches your eye but every guy is busy checking out the cheer captain because she was blessed with far larger assets and shows them off.

But if you get to know the cheer captain you see that she's actually pretty fat which why she has such a rear and chest and also looks terrible without her makeup.

You then take a moment to really take in the quiet girl and realizes she has way more to offer then the cheer captain ever did and is even in much better shape, she just doesn't flaunt it.

With that being considered, yes an immodded boxster may not catch as many glances. However, "doing one up" is fairly similar to coating down that beautiful quiet girl in makeup and expecting her to act like the popular girls, it just doesn't work and then the car looses its natural talent and handling abilities as well. Now sometimes people go for the quiet girl not because they appreciate her, but rather they go for her because of her families money, just buy the car for the badge, which is not advised.

I understand bagging cars, just not bagging a boxster these cars are just a lot more delicate and complicated then you're average Asian market car.

I enjoy building cars out of the ordinary. Even though a lot of people don't like it. I enjoy doing things that haven't been done very often. Like you said why don't you do something people have already done and know about. Well that's just following in someone else's footsteps. I'd rather be a leader than a follower. Prior to my Boxster I owned the lowest static mustang. Yes it's a mustang I don't need to hear it, but I did extrodinary things with that car and I would like to do the same with this car.
nathanmoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote