View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #19
jpc763

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
If the sensor is in a "protected" sub system, the Actron cannot help you. It will also not read the over revs, or turn on the OBC. The correct Durametric system will do all of them.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if a current "Enthusiast" durametric tool will give me the over-revs or the OBC?

From their website is the following:

"Differences

There are two main differences between the Enthusiast and Professional Kits:
The number of cars supported:
The Professional kits support an unlimited number of cars. The Enthusiast kits support up to three cars only. The limitation of the Enthusiast kit is based on the car's VIN - not model.
The Coding and Command Console features:
Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.
The Coding feature provides for the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car such as airbags, daytime running lights, cruise control, and the rear spoiler where applicable.
The Command Console feature is a means of communicating with the control units using very low-level communications. This feature is very seldom used."

What I read is that "the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car..." is what I want to do with the OBC so the Enthusiast version will not work. Is that an accurate interpretation?

Thanks, John

Last edited by jpc763; 08-07-2015 at 08:40 AM.
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote