Thread: Cayman Value
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #18
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
I'm counting on those things... So when we get to about 2008 or 2009 and Cayman values are in the toilet I'll be able to park one next to my Box on the cheap

Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would want a base 911 over a Cayman except for the "prestige" of owning a 911. The Cayman is much sexier, and more of a driver's car IMHO.

911s don't do much for me. Cayman has me fighting the urge to sell everything I own for the down payment.

don't hold your breath. The CaymanS is going to be a VERY POPULAR second hand car. THe less they make the more it becomes a better option for that second and third owner. But the 1st owner is going to take a beating. Well all new Porsche owners take a beating so its more of the same.

our local Porsche dealer loaned out a couple during a recent Autocross and many a 911/GT2/GT3 owners after taking a ride (one lap shoot out) were licking their chops at the idea of getting their hands on a second hand model for racing. In other words, Good luck getting your hands on a CaymanS in a few years. Porsche owner from all over the spectrum 944928,914,Boxster,911,Gt3,Gt2,Turbo, Cayenne want that little mid engine coupe...for the right price. I think if Porsche hadn't gotten greedy they could have sold allot of these to the non-911 loving crowd.

on you 911 vs. CaymanS take, I disagree on looks completely.
The 2002-2004 911 is the only 911 I thought that could never be confused with a VW.
a 911 C4S is at the top of my 911 list of nicest looking.
The Cayman is very nice looking but strikes as kind of well not really agressive looking enough for all that performance. Still too cute looking from the front.
Certainly not aggresive enough looking for the price!

I'll take that $70K and get me one of dem 2nd hand 911 Turbos!
A true exotic like the 911 Turbo for under $70K and less than 30K miles???

That car is going to hold value like a NYC apartment bought in the 90's.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Silver-Porsche-911-Turbo-w-Aluminum-Brk-Shifter_W0QQitemZ4638654634QQcategoryZ10156QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2006 at 05:15 PM.