View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #11
Duezzer

Garage
Spendy had the same thing as myself - I have a 99 with a dual row - @ 120,000 km I did a clutch job - While doing that I took the time to pull the cover on the IMS - the seals had failed - I ordered a new IMS bearing kit and installed it - a bearing like these are sealed and have EP grease in them, when the seal fails motor oil gets into them - the motor oil washes out the grease.

From what I have read the motor oil is pushed out of the bearing by centrifugal force and bearing runs dry as there is no oil feed.

I suspect one could do the EPS oiling system if the seals were leaking enough. This way they would always have lubrication.

I do not really know if this would work and I am not suggesting you should go this route.

I have 5000 km on the full EPS system but that is not enough time to say their system is any good.

I did quite a bit of research into their system and liked the layout of it. The only thing I don't like about the system is that it uses non filtered oil from the oil pump. Having said this I don't believe it is really that big of a deal.
Duezzer is offline   Reply With Quote