View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
madskilz

Rear main fail, should I then replace?

Hi guys, I got the car taken to the dealer here and the rear main is leaking oil. The O2 sensor bank2 says that no circuit is also detected. My lovely car is an old 99 standard 2.5? The car has about 75k on it and I got quoted $2300 thus far for just the rear main.

I have read some stuff here but pretty clueless as to everything lol. But here is what else is going on, the car idles now from around 700 but 950 on start and I am sure it used to be 600 when I took ownership around 2 years ago.

The gear shifting on the tiptronic now kinda jumps forward a little faster when going to the next gear.I notice when I am smoothly accelerating it does not have that rougher jump to thenext gear where you can kind of feel it. Also Idont know if the revs shoot up but sometimesthere is a dead zone at the low end of the rpm in third almost like it lags if I want to go faster.

Nowi asked the dealer that I will be going to the 986 forum to ask questions and advice and he agreed that if I buy extra parts myself he would be willing to fit them.

Guys I really take all advice with total gratitude and thank any one in advance for advice.
madskilz is offline   Reply With Quote