View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #49
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogosha View Post
I know I'm a rookie to the forum, but I have been using the search button like crazy, trying to soak up as much information as possible. One of the projects I plan on doing this season is speaker upgrades, dash first, doors next, and eventual rear deck installation. I have not picked out a new head unit yet. The subject of Subwoofers has come quite a bit, and some of the solutions have been fantastic.

Like some, I would love an under the seat subwoofer, but the limited clearance has thrown a monkey wrench into our efforts. Nine8Six has even scoured the market place near him without any luck. But I think I may have found a limited solution, and if this has already been discussed, please disregard. It seems Panasonic makes, or has made the under seat Subwoofer in the Subaru Impreza. It measures 2" x 8.5" x 10" , and is 120W. Although not he most powerful, this form factor might be just the ticket for some of us here that just want a bit more OOMF to round out the sound. They can be had for as little as $80 used on eBay. I think it is a 6 wire plug that would need to be spliced.
Patrick, did you ever get this installed and working?
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote