View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Finallygottaporsche

you may want to consider the possibility of leaving it stock.

sure its easy enough to change bumbers, lights and side vents to get the 2003-2004 look. if you wanna go all the way you can change the top so you have the glass rear window.

now consider leaving it stock. it costs nothing. thats a plus. now imagine its ten years from now and you are selling it. wouldnt it be worth more if its completely original. ok, lets say you arent gonna keep it that long. what if the next guy that buys your car even a year from now is a porsche nut like me. i would walk up to your car and be like wait what year is this im confused. i would probably pass for an all original car.

Even if you make it look like a 2004, whats the point when there is already a new body out 987. besides every porsche is a classsic just the way it is.

you could easily spend 3k and up to begin making it look like a 2004. the way boxster prices are you could probably trade your 01 for an 03 and spend about the same in trade difference. then you would have the real improvements and it would be original.

i hope you dont take offense to me telling what a great car you have just the way it is.

i have owned a 99 and now a 2003 boxster. i loved them both.
Finallygottaporsche is offline   Reply With Quote