View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #300
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcrivers816 View Post
How is it going? Still waiting on the clutch on mine =(
Going well thanks. The car is living mostly at home now as pretty much everything is complete and working. I would like to give a quick shout out to Steve @ Renegade. Always friendly and willing to answer calls and questions~

The biggest issues are all sorted... ish! A tach adapter got my tach working properly so that is good. The only other issue still remains with the cooling system although I've got that worked out on a temporary basis at least for now with a toggle switch for the fans. I haven't let it get too warm lately so it hasn't done it but seems like once it would reach about 210* or so the coolant would all rush out of the reservoir (causing PIA light on dash to flash) everything was still cooling fine but won't refill the coolant tank until you shut off the motor for a few minutes, then it fills back up and all is good. Weird. Could have just been more air in the system but for now flicking on the fans keeps everything under control.

I still have the t-stat gutted right now although that needs to be sorted. The GM computer isn't set to turn the fans on until 207*F which is probably fine but I've found that flicking them on around 180* keep everything pretty cool, even driving it around here in Georgia showing 96* on the dash the car runs about 195*~ Last night on my way home it was chilling at around 175*

Oh and I'm getting a check engine light for "Idle higher then expected" which kinda sucks but I believe that can be programmed down unless there is a leak that my smoke test didn't show.

Otherwise been driving the car pretty regularly and have logged about 350 miles on it so far. It is a completely different animal and I think the biggest problem so far is that I drive it way to fast. Luckily I'm not a complete idiot anymore when it comes to speeding but I'm bound to get into trouble eventually

I actually made a new video on the way home last night although I didn't post it for fear of self incrimination. Maybe i'll post it as a private video like the last one. It is a short cruising video with a quick 6th gear run from about 55mph to 90 mph... takes about 6 seconds and the MPH climb 4 MPH per tick on the digital speedo so it. Also dropped it into 4th for a quick blast and it didn't take long at all

I tried to sign up for the "wanna go fast" event here in Georgia in September but it is already sold out Maybe a trip to the drapstrip is in order - daddy needs some official times!!!

Thanks
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote