View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 09:39 AM   #42
RandallNeighbour

I'll toss in my thoughts as one of the most costly old boxster drivers on this forum:

I spent a couple of grand the first six months I owned my boxster in repairs. Coolant overflow tank. Oil filler tube. Horn pad under the airbag. New tires.

Then I turned into a village idiot to make the car look more updated, spending wads of money on newer seats, steering wheel, door panels, litronic headlamps, new tail lamps, 18 inch aftermarket Carrera lights (which are NOT light, but HEAVY) etc.

Then, if you don't think that last bit was genuinely idiotic, I put in an aftermarket exhaust and headers and coilovers and adjustable toe arms and a smaller underdrive pulley (and replaced the water pump and front motor mount while I was having the UD pulley installed).

OP, all this to say this car is not an easy car to own if you are not happy with the stock look and worn out interior parts and want a really nice looking ride that sounds good and is a tad faster.

If I had it all to do over again I would have saved a lot more and just bought a 3 year old 2003 S(what I really wanted) with some extended warranty on it and I would have spent a lot less money.

All in, my 1997 Boxster (purchased in 2003) has cost me $45,000 including purchase, maintenance, repairs, and mods.

BTW, this car eats rear tires annually if you drive it 10k miles or so with the factory settings for alignment.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote