View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
David_J

Need help: Heavy Clutch

I’m looking for some help from other Boxster owners.

I just recently picked up a 2001 Boxster S. I have a feeling that something may be going on with the clutch. The clutch pedal feels heavy. I drove a friends 1999 996 the other day and noticed a huge difference in his clutch. His was very light and easy to press, where mine takes a considerable amount of effort.

Now, my car only has 19,000 miles on it and is in great shape. Are the clutches in Boxsters heavier than other cars? Also, if I'm going slow, say in the parking garage at my work, when I'm letting the clutch in and out I sometimes hear a clunk when the clutch is engaging/disengaging. Is that normal as well? It’s been 5 years since the last time I owners a manual transmission car so I don’t recall what the others were like. Also, I’m not sure if I’m noticing more do to have the top down.

I bought the car at a Porsche dealer and paid to have it certified. I am now finding out, a month later, that they can't seem to find the CPO inspection paperwork. Does anyone know if the clutch in part of the inspection process for the CPO?

Thanks,
David
David_J is offline   Reply With Quote