View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
rodsnhawgs

learning the box

Been learning a lot about the Boxster. Having read the owners manual, the Bentley Svc manual, followed and researched this site, and nosed around the car, I've discovered:
1. I had the tool kit and lug lock socket all along - just didn't know it was tucked away behind the spare
2. The "jumper" for the front trunk release is easily accessable in the fuse panel
3. The RR fog light (that I couldn't find any power to) is designed this way and not supposed to light in the US
4. The options (via the codes) that our Boxster came with
5. and lots of other very nicely engineered features.

One item I'm going to explore in the next few days is the RMS drip. According to all I read and observe, I'm leaning toward believing our car has too much oil in it. With the engine cold, the oil level is up on the dipstick shaft ~ 1/8" and the digital scale (onboard computer) is at full scale as opposed to between the min/max marks. I'm going to pull the level down where it should be to see if the seal drip goes away.... I'll report back.

I've also had the top and front engine covers off so I can explore and learn the engine compartment and what condition everything is in - all appears to be well under there.

Until then...I'm enjoying the learning curve and thankful for all you guys and gals.
:dance:
04 Honda Element
07 Nissan Murano

Last edited by rodsnhawgs; 05-08-2006 at 10:34 PM.
rodsnhawgs is offline   Reply With Quote