View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #287
BoxsterLS376

Hey everyone,

Went out to the show this morning but not sure if I caught up to any of you there or not. One thing I can say for sure is that it is a sleeper... NO ONE expects to find a V8 in this car. I had a small group of people who heard me pull in who chased me across the parking lot as I pulled in, those with keen ears I guess

One thing for sure is that the car doesn't display well, way too much stuff in the way with the top on etc. but those who saw it all seemed pretty impressed.

I have put about 200 miles on the car so far and have figured out a few other things which need to be addressed, but overall I'm very happy with it. I need to wire the low speed fans on, right now the Chevy ECU is just hooked up to the high speed so unless you are moving the temp gauge starts to climb to about 205* or so. Once you start moving it goes back down in the 180ish range... Keep in mind right now I also have a gutted thermostat in it so the system is constantly flowing through the radiators, need to get a lower temp t-stat like 165 or something. The biggest problem seems to be that once it does heat up a bit I think the reservoir fills up with steam and pushes the coolant into the system emptying the reservoir so all of a sudden you have a light flashing on the dash for low coolant. Stop the car for a minute and the reservoir fills back up like nothing happened... weird.

The only other major outstanding issue is the firewall which really does need to be better then the cardboard I have in there now Actually in the morning it was quite nice to have the extra heat from the engine compartment blowing in on you... but by the time it is 80*+ out you wish it wasn't! Oh well little things. Oh like the tach too, only working at half mast, but at least it is working!

The other thing I've realized over the past few weeks of having this car together is that I'm a crackhead when it comes to playing with cars, and unfortunately since my career change from computers to cars I don't have car/crackhead money anymore Looks like i'll have to build and sell a few of these things before I can actually afford one myself! On that note if anyone out there is looking for a unique 1 off sleeper Boxster with 480 horsepower on tap, let me know.

To be honest I've been pretty bad about adding everything up lately, but all told I have spent about $28,000 on the car and parts, and have easily put 150+ hours of work into the car. There are some things which need to be addressed still but the more I take care of the higher the price goes The car is not perfect, after all it is 15 years old, but it is probably the only one with a V8 available for sale out there so don't be too picky Asking $42,500 as is or 400 Benjamins, 4,000 Hamiltons or 40,000 Washingtons if you happen to own a strip club

On a side note as soon as I sell this one i'll build another. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess

Thanks~
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote