View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #17
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
I really like the seamless look of the IPad in the 986 ....looks clean and flush. I would probably want a switch to prevent charging all the time. Do you really need the Becker to charge with car off or can this be easily done if one wishes?

I was hoping not use a HU at all.....a Parrot amp and FM radio ap or something

My lower dins will be full.

The pioneer really suits the Tundra dash but would it work as well the Boxster...not sure. What are the USB ports for?????
I love the look too, it really looks great in person. I am not sure how you would keep the Becker from always charging the iPad. I thought about just an amp also, but buying a single DIN HU was the easiest way to get handsfree calling. If you are going to run a radio app, keep in mind that you will need a data plan.

Yes, it does fit the Tundra well, Metra makes a great surround piece that looks OEM. The USB ports are for iPhone/android phone/music player/flash drive etc connection. Remember, for CarPlay to work, it has to be a wired connection. You can play music via Bluetooth but with out the CarPlay interface.There is an HDMI port on the back of the pioneer that I do not have connected. The unit also has a DVD player that you can use while driving via a software bypass. No, I do not recommend watching movies while driving, but listening to a concert DVD is a nice deal.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote