View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmishra4 View Post
Thanks for responding - here are the questions I have in my head, since you asked

Is it a straightforward install? Does it require any modifications to the bezel or other parts? Did you do it yourself?
How does the data for carplay work? I assume through the phone, but does it use your existing data plan?
I read that it does not pair over bluetooth so it requires re-pairing everytime. If so, how do you make/answer calls?
Is there an included mike on the carplay unit?
Are there a lot of carplay apps out there?
If you had to do it again, would you install it or get an ipad mini instead?

Thanks in advance.

Amit
I just installed the Poneer 6100NEX in my truck and it is excellent. The touch screen is very responsive. Since you can't use your phone as a hotspot, then get the Pioneer and plug your phone in to use your phone's data plan. The built in GPS is good or you can use Apple maps. Get the proper Metra wiring harness to make the installation simpler. Like JPC763 said, get the Euro Motorsport install kit. The mic that comes with the Pioneer works well. Your phone will connect via blutooth for music and phone calls, but to use CarPlay, and the CarPlay screen, you have to connect via USB/lightning cable. I would not have any regrets installing a Pioneer AVIC 6100NEX into my Boxster rather than the iPad mini. Here is a link to what I got for my truck:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SKJH6EQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote