View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
968to986

The $5500 Boxster

Hi everyone,

I thought it was time to introduce myself and my car to the 986 Forum. Back in February I purchased a 97 Boxster after getting rid of my well used but much loved 968 coupe. I decided to title this thread with the purchase price because I did another thread on the Pelican Parts Forum for the 968 titled "The $3500 968". Here's the link if you're inclined.
The $3500 968 - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
Budget Porsche ownership is the only way I can enjoy the marque, and with a little luck and a lot of DIY experience, I'm happily into my second Porsche. I bought the Boxster from a local guy who had owned it for 11 years. He also worked on the car himself and did a great job keeping up with maintenance and regular oil changes. When I bought it, it had just under 140k miles, ran and drove great, and other than a very minor power steering leak, had no leaks. He was asking $6200 and with a little negotiation, I managed to score it for $5500.

Test drive day:

First wash at home:

The following weekend, my wife and I took the Boxster up to Santa Fe for Valentine's weekend getaway at a beautiful place called Bishop's Lodge. Here's the view from our room:

My first mountain drive in the Boxster. What amazing handling cars!

I've also done some upgrades which I will post soon.

Cheers!
Jeremy
Past Porsches:
1985 944, 1992 968
968to986 is offline   Reply With Quote