View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 03:01 AM   #12
barks

thanks for the replys all,

it wasnt meant to be a which oil is best thread, ive done alot of reading and i know the answer to that,

it was however, my car is quiet when under 60 degress but as it gets hotter and the oil thins there is a noise on deceleration and idle which goes when i accelerate above 1500 rpm.

so i was asking if anyone else had this and was it cured by using an oil which is thicker at higher temps, like a 50 or 60.

i also wanted to know the ideal viscosity for the variocam system as i didnt want to affect it in a negative way.

the car wasnt used much before i bought it and it had other issues which i have now fixed,
this is the last issue, looking at how blocked the pcv and vent line were it stands to reason there could be a blockage or restriction in an oil passage, or some crap stuck in the variocam ect, so i think im going to try an oil flush. then either the 5w 50 on the a40 list or the valvoline 10w 60 rt1

it that dosent cure it its prob a tensioner or chain, im going to grab a stethoscope and see if i can pin point it. however the oil cooler sitting on top of a hot engine seams a bit stupid to me...

cheers
barks
barks is offline   Reply With Quote