View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
spendy

IMHO, make the immobilizer box top priority for moving. If it is not moved, it typically rattles around next to the driver's seat where it is subject to rain and/or physical damage and is generally in the way.

It is much easier to work on wiring BEFORE the cage goes in. Do it now if you are going to do it. You may also need to remove some of the harness to install the cage. On my car, which I bought used, the shop cut the entire harness branch just behind the driver's seat and spliced it all back together. I assume this was cage related as it doesn't look like they pulled the rest of the harness.

Again IMHO, if you want the bigger weight loss you will need to pull the dash as a lot of the heavy gauge wires are up under the dash. This winter, I pulled 30+ wires that ran to the immobilizer. It felt good to get a big bag of wire, but it only added up to 4 lbs as most of them were small gauge. I didn't have time to pull the dash, so all the wires I removed were only from the fuse panel back.
spendy is offline   Reply With Quote