View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
aBsOlUt

Thumbs down It happened again yesterday...=(

Well, what can I say, people just dont like people driving a Porsche and they are very jealous.

Some background, I am 21 and I drive a BoxsterS, I am in college and I am about to attend my graudation commencement. I finished in Computer Science with more than just fair grades (GPA 3.3).

I do not work, I know that not everyone in this world has the chance to drive a BoxsterS in their 21st year and I know a lot of people have worked for it and deserve to have this car more than me.

Now for the story...

I usually do not go to "frat parties" (Fraternity parties) and even if I do I never take my car there. However, yesterday I Had to take it because not everyone would fit in the other one car we had. I called my friend and ensured a safe parking spot so we took off. Upon arrival there were about 70-80 people outside in the parking lot, drinking and having a good time. The moment I got in the driveway all the heads turned around and started looking. It did not stop there, mean comments were being shouted such as "Daddys Porsche", "You do not belong here you spoiled ****************ing brat", "Boxster such a girls car anyway" and it kept going.

I called my friend to come out and told him there is no way I park or stay here because if I do, I will either end up in a fight or have my car keyed or damaged. The sad thing the friend of mine is a brother of this fraternity and the main guy that threw most of the comments was a brother of his too. Do not get me wrong my friend is cool and he almost ended up having a fight with that guy after. He told me thats why he hates this frat, and they have 5-6 brothers that do whatever they want and disrespect other people. Thats why they dont get the girls either. My other friends in the other car were getting mad to the point they would start a fight too. I told them not to do so and then we all took off and left. Sad part is some of my friends might wanted to stay but they did not because of the incident.

I wont go further, but while I recognize I am a unique case (driving a Porsche at 21) I find it completely ridiculous people acting like that. Jealousy, yes true but it is not like I try to promote my car everyday of my life and rub it in their face. I was just going to park and then go inside and have a good time...

Thoughts?

Last edited by aBsOlUt; 05-06-2006 at 08:31 AM.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote