View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #20
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
I would be interested to see if there really would be any noticable improvements with this mod. I did some auto-x with my 95 GTI VR6 that I had. I did the upper strut bars front and rear and I couldn't tell the difference at all. I then did some Suspension Techniques sway bars and felt quite a noticable difference, then later on a Quaife LSD and that was the clincher that really made the car rock. This was all on Koni Yellow's and Apex springs..

After that experience I never really bothered with strut bars after that as I just couldn't see the need for them. With the boxster having a 4pt cage already there it seems pretty stiff as is. I have not done any auto-x with my Box at all so if you see some results from them, please post I would love to see it. Maybe with a car that has no roof the difference will be more pronounced...
Hi,

Trust me, the difference is quite pronounced. The Car handles better and is less prone to rattles and squeaks. Doing both the Front and Rear is maybe the best Mod you can make in improving the Car, not Sexy as both are hidden, but transforms the Car. The RollBars do NOTHING in terms of stiffening the Chassis, add the Strut Bars and find out...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote